Protect-Us Mineral Snail & Slug Bait
Active Ingredient: 10g / kg Iron Powder
Mixing Rate: Ready-To-Use
Application Rate: 5g (1 level teaspoon) per m2 or 9-10 pellets per 20cm pot
USED FOR: Snails, Slugs
Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is a unique product that is highly effective in the control of snails and slugs. Uniquely utilising elemental iron, Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is a low-toxic alternative to metaldehyde and methiocarb baits that displays similar or better levels of control and protection.
It has been independently reviewed and approved as garden safe. In fact all the ingredients are currently used in either foods for human consumption, pharmaceuticals or cosmetics for human applications.
Elemental iron is an essential dietary nutrient. Any residues present on fruit or vegetables, or systemically available from skin contact, are indistinguishable from iron of environmental origin. When the bait is consumed by snails, the low pH in the snail’s gut activates the product, forming an iron salt that causes the snails and slugs to stop feeding, protecting your plants and leading to the death of the molluscs.
Snails and slugs are so attracted to the Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer that it actually lures them out of their hiding places. Palatability of the bait is specifically targeted at Australian snail and slug species. Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is the only Registered Allowed Input for snail and slugs when growing Organic and Biodynamic Produce.
- Low risk to people & pets and when applied according to the label and can be used in areas where there are dogs, cats, birds, possums and other fauna.
- Active ingredient iron is naturally present in the environment.
- Palatability targeted for Australian snail and slug species.
- Environment Friendly – Breaks down to natural nutrients for soils and plants.
- Snails and slugs are attracted to the Protect-us bait. In fact it actually lures them out of their hiding places.
- Pellets designed to ensure they are the right size and consistency for the mollusc’s radula (tongue) to scrape the surface and ingest the bait.
- Contains no GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms).
- Mould resistant.