More and more property owners and tenants are being affected by methamphetamine contaminated property's. Scorpion is industry certified, and are capable of testing for traces of meth in contaminated dwellings. Property's that have been used as a meth lab or area for personal use can cost thousands of dollars to repair, have devastating effects on health and carry legal implication's for Duty of care too.
For Real Estates
Regular rental property screening
Screening between tenants
The testing process
Meth Testing consists of a three step process. You may only need to complete phase 1, if no levels of detection are found in the house. If our swabs detect trace amounts, the next phase will begin.
Complete inspection of entire property & proceed with residue swab testing using instant tests. If any of the swabs show a positive reading, we will recommend to proceed to phase 2 of testing.
Complete a thorough swab of individual rooms to NIOSH 9111 Standards, photograph and send to laboratory for sampling. The composite test will determine if there is above safe levels of 0.5 in the property.
If composite tests show levels above 0.5, phase 3 testing is recommended. Phase 3 will determine exactly what room/area is affected, so that you can proceed with the decontamination process.
Meth contamination is invisible and has no odour. Find out if your at risk with professional Meth testing
Who should consider Meth Residue Testing?
- Property Manager's - Regularly screen at the beginning/end of a lease, to adhere to your duty of care.
- Landlords - Annual or end of lease testing is recommended, to make sure your home is protected and won't cost you thousands in the end.
- Before renting a property, we can provide phase 1 testing to determine is there are any levels of contamination.
- Home buyers - pre-purchase testing to save you costly repairs if the house in contaminated.
- Airbnb - If you run an Airbnb business, you may have short term tenants frequently coming and going. Meth testing is another way you can provide peace of mind.